Monday 16 September 2013

Our Lomography Summer - Part I

The experiment continues. And we can most definitely call it that - the results are quite clearly experimental! This is how the latest batch of lomography photos we've turned out. Some are gentle and soft others are vibrant and dynamic. And I love them all! :)

My favourite part of getting real film photos developed is how you get memories of a whole summer on one film. With photography being so instant these days, we need to remember to look back and reminisce. I'm usually too busy thinking about the next photo I want to take and instagram! (#knickerelasticfantastic) :p So to walking out of shop with my latest haul of printed film photos and reminisce over the last six months is so great! Needless to say, no filters here!




These first photos almost have a soft focus feel about them. I love the haze of summer they portray and the suggestions of lazy summer days in Provence, lounging in the garden, swimming in the pool or playing boules on the drive!




Similarly below, celebrating on the beach at Brighton. It doesn't matter to me this photo is a little fuzzy, that was exactly the warm feeling I had in my tummy that day. We took a day trip to the lanes to find the perfect antique engagement ring. We did and then had ice cream on the beach to celebrate. I don't want to remember a specific moment, I want to remember the whole day and this is exactly what this photo conjures up for me.




These next ones are from our hike up Snowdon! We did this with all our family in memory of my late uncle. We raised a whopping amount for the local hospice that did so much for him and the family and every single member of the twenty-strong team (ranging from 7 years old to somewhere near the 60s, without being too specific!) made it all the way up and down. Incredible.






Got a few more to sort through that I'll want to share soon, so keep an eye out for them coming shortly!

You can also see the other results of our lomography experiments here and here.

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment