Sunday 27 July 2014

We did it!


We finally did it! We are now official. I am a Mrs and I have a husband.

Photo courtesy of David Bushell

We had the most magnificent day. It went like a dream, more smoothly and more fun than I had ever thought possible. It was amazing to think that so many people had come to Wadhurst for us; to witness our marriage, to help us celebrate and to share our first day of married life. Our thanks goes out to all of you.

Everyone looked ravishing, especially my husband! The food was delicious and plentiful, the booze was free flowing, the company was wonderful, the sun shone down on us and the brilliant band ensured the dancing continued well into the wee hours! We could not have asked for more. We have spent the last two weeks on a complete high, reliving every tiny detail of the day, comparing notes, remembering the conversations and sharing anecdotes.

The last few months had been a bit of a whirlwind. I (and everyone around me!) have been caught up in a frenzy of diy-ing, planning, printing, preping, panic buying, consulting, folding, sticking, posting, cutting, ordering, drawing, writing that stems back as far as I can remember. No seriously! I don't think I can remember what it was like when we simply sat down of an evening for dinner a glass of wine and a movie! I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this newfound free time, hopefully fill these pages with what we've been up to for starters. And finally get to spend more time with friends and family without asking favours and making demands! 

I have a hundred and one projects to share with you, some small, some large, some fun, some essential, some pretty, some perfect, some leisurely, some hurried (well actually most of them), some that went perfectly to plan, some that we improvised, but all that contributed the most perfect day for us. Those of you who follow me on instagram @knickerelasticfantastic may have had some sneaky peaks along the way. And a little taster photo above from the big day, expertly captured by Dave Bushell, before I return to inundate you with pictures soon!! But never fear, it's not going to be all wedding bore, we are back to working on the house, garden and a fun packed summer so expect more from all those arenas soon and I even have a few regular diy projects up my sleeve (tucked quite far up there, but I'm sure I can wrestle them out!). 

It is the last day of our honeymoon today so back to reality of work, commuting, doing the dishes, hoover and all the hum drum that general life entails again tomorrow! But who cares, I shall be doing all this with my husband by my side and for that reason I am stoked to get started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment