The first stage of the experiment was rather less than successful (understatement). Of the 36 regular exposure film (that's a potential 72 exposures on the portrait setting. Math), we got SIX working exposures. Not sure exactly what the problem was here, but one thing was clear - the film tore at some point - either when we were winding forwards or back. Ah, the highs and lows of real film! Also, having not intentionally made any double exposures at this stage, we ended up with photos exposed more than just twice, the max I could see in one pic was four! And I'm sure there are actually more...
But despite these issues we got some goodies, that's for sure. The effects are remarkable (read trippy). Take a peek at the pics below and let me know what you think. (Given we only got so few pics I haven't even been selective, no need!) Just to note - these are completely unadulterated, straight from the original film!
|This first is my favourite - despite the FOUR exposures, the composition really works and the colours are fab! I also love the way the two images blend into each other.|
|Another slightly spooky number here. Love the fact I'm in it twice!! hehe|
|These are lovely - all the girls looking gorgeous. :)|